Well… šŸ˜†

I can finally keep a promise! This blog post **WILL** feature the pretty much finished nursery AND… (GASP! šŸ˜Æ ) a baby! šŸ˜€

Yep… you heard me right… please let me introduce to you:


Is that not THE most adorable little baby boy you have EVER seen in your life????

You’d better be saying yes, jerks… šŸ˜†

I am IN LOVE with that little tubby bundle!

Sooo… alot has happened since I last popped in here… to say the least!!! šŸ˜‰

Where do I start?


The last time I spoke here I was miserable beyond belief, very bitter towards my medical team, hated every person on the planet, and was generally feeling sorry for myself and being a big huge Debbie Downer. šŸ˜¦

Yeah, sorry about that, folks… Can’t say much more than that… I’m sorry.

So anywaaaay… I continued feeling that way for another solid week… and after 2 more hospital trips for ultrasounds and non-stress tests for the baby… and after getting ANOTHER doctor to finally say, “wtf… why are we waiting to get this ginormous kid out?” I was finally scheduled for a C-section due to size the day before my original due date… šŸ™„

The doctor who got the ball finally rolling for me said it must be a man thing to not commit to a date because she probably would have scheduled me for a C-section 2 weeks prior. But that’s because she is a woman and she is not afraid to say that she would induce for size alone… My last ultrasound, at 39 weeks exactly, Sean measured 9 pounds 6 ounces. Now, granted, that is a guesstimate… he was still inside me so it can’t be 100% accurate so there is a margin of error…

But this was my second or third ultrasound with this particular tech. I trusted her because she was confident in her own numbers. She fully admitted to the possibility of a 2 pound error margin but she also told me, “I don’t think I am wrong”. And she wasn’t… šŸ™„

I have never had major surgery like that before… the worst I had was outpatient gall bladder surgery… not really a biggie… a C-section is major abdominal surgery. I had been preparing for the long hard work of a natural childbirth. I thought this would be a breeze… and it was to some extent…

I did not have hours upon hours of back breaking labor followed by 2 hours or more of pushing. Nope. It was all scheduled and I went in and basically it was all planned out in advance. Yadda yadda yadda. So everyone on the “team” is very upbeat and conversational… The anesthesiologist woman was super peppy and annoying… šŸ™„

So they start doing their THANG – prepping me, getting instruments in place, double checking dosages… Everything is a go and we get started. It was a very surreal experience being awake to feel tugging but nothing else. šŸ˜Æ They brought Andrew in. He is a bit squeamish at the sight of blood and intestines and stuff like that so he was not going to look beyond the sheet barrier they had mocked up…

So, like I said, everyone is doing their jobs… my doctor was periodically letting me know what was next and what to expect in terms of pressure. He gets to the part of pulling the baby out of the uterus and tells me there will be alot of pressure but no pain and he just wanted to warn me. Okay. I get it. Then he pulled the baby out…

There were like 10-12 people in this operating room. When the baby was pulled out, there was this brief silence and then my doc says, “We made the right choice on this one!” and he proceeds to let me know the baby is out and BIG as predicted. Everyone else in the room is reacting as well with “wow”s and “oh my”s and stuff so that prompts Andy to look over the sheet. Then he sat right back down on the seat next to me and leans over and says, “he’s very large”.

Huh? šŸ˜Æ Like how large? I mean, really… HOW LARGE???

So they whisk baby Sean and Andrew off to our room and I remain in the Operating Room to be closed up and stabilized. The doctor and all the techs and nurses start taking bets on the weight amount. My doctor’s pick? 9 pounds 14 ounces!!!!

Excuse me??? šŸ˜Æ

Word comes back from my room that the weight was…

10 pounds 2.1 ounces!!!!!

Holy crapola!!! That would have tore the crap out of me! LITERALLY!!!

So I lived through it and we have now made Sean Christopher the center of our little world. We are extremely happy… so happy we are probably annoying to everyone else. šŸ˜› We post all sorts of pictures and videos that really have no meaning to anyone but us. šŸ˜† We’re THOSE people…

This is really an amazing experience for me… I know I have done it all before but I think you tend to appreciate the experience a little more as an old timer like me… Every single experience is an adventure of sorts.

What didn’t register with me immediately is how this was a million “first times” for Andrew. Every single thing he has done in the last several days is a “first time” for him. He had never changed a diaper, fed a bottle to a baby, wrapped a baby in a blanket, rocked a baby to sleep, etc., etc. I was so happy that when I delivered Sean at 8:23am on the 19th, they immediately took the baby and Andrew back to our private room and after checking him out, the doctor handed Sean to Andrew.

They got to spend about 30-45 minutes totally alone together. Andy didn’t tell me much about that time that he spent with Sean but he did tell me it was very emotional for him. šŸ˜„ Awwww….

Okay… so enough about all that… šŸ˜†

Here’s the nursery!

It still isn’t completely done… I need artwork above the crib… It’s partially done but I didn’t have time to hang it. I am adding canvas black and whites above those. i also need to still do the fake Capiz shell light fixture. I just need to find the time… šŸ˜† story of my life right there…

I still was not able to talk Andy into bringing that second chair up from the basement. But you see the huge gaping hole, right? RIGHT???!!! I mean, COME ON! šŸ™„

I do want to thank every single one of you who either came to see me or called or sent text messages while I was in the hospital. We are a very nuclear society and I am one of those who appreciates that sometimes all you can offer is a little e-card. Life gets the best of all of us sometimes, so I do understand when you can only make a small gesture or nod. I also understand when you are too overwhelmed to do anything at all. šŸ˜‰

I get discharged tomorrow morning and will start my maternity leave in full force. I am pretty sore but I am hoping to be much more peppy and agile once the swelling and inflammation has subsided… it hasn’t so far. šŸ˜ I will try to blog post a little more often now that I am off work for a bit.

I hope everyone else has been well. I love all you guys!



Say what you mean, Mean what you say...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s